Friday, August 10, 2012

I Am Link

.
--- Boat Man - Via Slash comes the first shot of Russell Crowe's head as Noah's head in Darren Aronofsky's movie about the big Biblical boat captain of yore. They've also got some casting news and some random scattered points about the plot of the movie - like apparently giant angels will be present? I hope we're talking Tilda Swinton in Constantine kinda angels and not, say, this. Although that could be cool in an insane sort of way. Hmm. Nevermind Tilda, I want that now. Russell Crowe shooting Precious Moments figurines in the face! Score!

--- My Sharon - I wrote up a lil' love letter to lost Sharon Stone at The Film Experience yesterday. I miss her crazy ass so much, I wish she worked more. The remake of Total Recall's got on my brain.

--- Fall Guys - Haven't watched this yet and I can't imagine it will top the other trailer for a Charlie Hunnam movie that came out this week since he was naked in that one, but here's the trailer for Deadfall, a thriller that pits Charlie against Eric Bana, but probably not in the way we're all immediately fantasizing them being "pitted" against each other would go. Especially with that shrew Olivia Wilde in there cockblocking us all. Damn her.

--- World's Woman - Rosamund Pike, who everybody loved in An Education (I actually found her part to be a little bit overrated, to be honest), has joined the cast of The World's End, aka Edgar Wright's third movie with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost after Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, aka one of our very most anticipated movies of ever. I mean I thought she was fine in An Education, but the character annoyed me... anyway I'm cool with her being in TWE. Especially since casting anybody means it's really rolling forward.

--- Way Far Out - Holy shit you guys - there really might be a third Bill and Ted movie. Can you even imagine?

--- Woods Witch - I'd forgotten this was even a thing - Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, that fairy tale bout of supposed badassery starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton. I guess it got delayed from this past march up to January of 2013. Collider has the info that it will definitely be R-rated. So at least we'll have violence!

--- And finally, Justin Theroux is going to try directing again, and this time it sounds like he's aiming for "funny" instead of "seriously depressing" like he did with his last movie - this new one will star Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell and it's about a man who believes he saw God. I'd prefer Justin and his zero percent body fat staying on the front side of the camera, honestly. And speaking of Justin - happy birthday, you! Here's are some recent pictures of him sans shirt that I'd totally missed until now. These first two... damn Jennifer Aniston. (click to embiggen) Hit the jump for 7 more...




3 comments:

John said...

that is a ripped fuckin body, just STOP with the tats...

Jason Adams said...

When it comes to JT I am forced to overlook a lot - the tats, the hipster biker accessories, the sunglasses and jaunty cap. Give him to me naked in a dark room and I'll be great.

billybil said...

You're right John - that's an amazing set of abs!

And JA - I'm just sure you'd be great (and JT would be very appreciative)